Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Think What You Will But It's My Choice

In about three hours I will again be getting something that will change not only my life but also my fathers. For some what I am getting done may seen obscene and not okay, but to me none of that matters. To me the only thing that matters is that I will have something that I will be able to show everyone how much my father really truly means to me.

You may be asking yourself at this point what is she getting done. I am getting a tattoo that will represent how much my dad has meant and will always mean to me.

I know what many are thinking. "Why do you want to get something that in 20 years you will regret?" "Do you really think that would make your father happy?" "How could you be doing something so stupid?"

But one thing that you have to realize is that things in my family are not what many would say that of a normal family. My parents see nothing wrong with tattoos and they see it as a personal choice. I also see it this way and also as a way of expressing what is important and meaningful to oneself.

My first tattoo that I got about 6 months ago is one that will always remind me of what is truly important but also that my mom will always be there by my side when things get to a point where i need someone else to lean on. 


So yes say what you would like. Tell me I am making a bad choice and that there are other ways of expressing myself. But no matter what anyone tells me it will not change my mind. I am doing this for me and as long as it makes me happy that is all that matters.

So go ahead tell others what you want and think what you like of me, but I know that in the end what others think is not what is truly important but what I think of myself is. And those that truly love me will be by my side even if they believe that I am making the wrong decision and will be there for me when I fall to lift me up and help me find the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment