Thursday, July 30, 2015

8 Weeks

In the last eight weeks I have seen just how much a child can learn in a short time. I never thought that a baby could learn so much so soon.

Here is the list of thing that at eight weeks old (2 months) my daughter has already accomplished:

     Full head control
     Beginning to pull her self to sit up
     Holds her own bottle
     Sleeps through the night
     Puts her self to sleep
     Entertains herself
     Recognizes people and voices
     Starting to laugh
     Stating to talk/babble
     Stating to show different emotions

Everyday there are new things to add. It is crazy, I never really understood how a parent could be so proud over the littlest things. But all the little things really are the big things. I never really thought that at 20 I would be a mother.

I never thought I would turn 21 and want to spend the night at home with the little girl. And having to have my friends tell me that we are going out. Even my parents told me that I need to take a night and go out and that would be the perfect night even if its just for an hour or so.

I also realized how much a child can make you want to plan for the future. I never in a million years wanted to own a house but now I can not imagine not. Its crazy how after your child is born your plans and dreams change 360 degrees. But I can honestly say that I would not have it any other way.

Maci has truly made me see the important things in life, and the importance in my own life that I never saw before.

In eight weeks Maci has grown 3 inches gained 3.5 Pounds. I can only imagine what she will be at her 4 month check up.

No comments:

Post a Comment