Friday, January 29, 2016

Time To Move On

Over the last few months I had been seeing a guy on and off. We had not made anything official but it was one of those things that we had not been seeing anyone else either. About a month ago things between us started to get distant, to the point of going a whole week or more without talking. I know what your thinking, we weren't a couple so why am I worried. Well about a week ago I was asked by my sister if I would be interested in going on a date with one of her friends. This is what made me really start questioning what the first guy and me had. When I really started to think about it I realized that I may not truly be ready to move on. I don't mean with the first guy, but I mean over all with dating. With my last relationship I learned a lot about relationships, myself, when to say enough is enough, and how to stand up for myself and my daughter. What I realized is that I had been holding on to a relationship that wasn't there to keep from having to deal with the feelings that I had. I knew that if he had really wanted to make things work between us there would not have been as many excuses and canceled plans. No matter how crazy and hectic life gets if you really want things to work you will find a way, I have really learned that the last 8 months being a mom. So I decided to give my sisters friend a chance. I had meet him before but we never really had talked. I guess I am hoping that this will tell me if I am ready to get back out and try dating again, who knows I might find out that it just takes the right guy to get you back out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment